Open Positions at Operation RSF, Inc.
As Operation RSF continues to grow we will be seeking professionals who are willing to volunteer their time to help support the mission of Operation RSF. The available positions are listed below and will remain listed as long as the positions are open. If you are interested in applying for any of the positions below, please read the job description and requirements carefully before submitting your cover letter and resume to with the subject line as the position of interest.
All positions within Operation RSF are volunteer positions and work remotely through G-Suite Apps. The staff of Operation RSF is expected to support the mission and assist in spreading the mission through their own personal contacts and communities. Applicants are NOT required to be veterans and all applications will be interviewed by a current member of Operation RSF.
Member of the Board of Directors
Position: The Board will support the work of Operation RSF and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Operation RSF's chief executive officer (CEO), the board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member Responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance, and oversight:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements Operation RSF's strategic plan.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created bu Operation RSF for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Approving Operation RSF's annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Contributing to annual performance evaluation of the CEO.
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members.
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments.
- Representing Operation RSF and acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- Ensuring Operation RSF's commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities it serves.
Operation RSF Board Members will consider Operation RSF a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that Operation RSF can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Operation RSF expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
Operation RSF Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Operation RSF's mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, the military, or the nonprofit sector. Their accomplishments will allow them to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
-Professional experience with accomplishments in their respective field.
- A commitment to and understanding of Operation RSF's beneficiaries, preferably based on experience.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Operation RSF's beneficiaries.
Service on Operation RSF's Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support and costs in relation to Board Members' duties.
If you are interested in applying please e-mail your cover letter and resume to and use "Member of Board of Directors" as your subject line.
Social Media Marketing Director
Position: The Social Media Marketing Director is the lead on Operation RSF's marketing ventures, including developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the organization's market presence and assisting in finding a 'voice' that will make a difference for Operation RSF.
- Maintain and grow Operation RSF's presence and culture across social media platforms.
- Build a strategy and design social media posts to help support Operation RSF's mission and objectives.
- Develop timely and compelling content and coordinate digital newsletter campaigns.
- Maintain and update the existing website (OperationRSF.org).
- Identify new trends and content opportunities.
- Maintaining a digital library of photographs and other media.
- Developing corporate presentations.
The Social Media Marketing Director must be a motivated individual who has proven organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills in order to develop and maintain productive internal and client relationships. The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- At least 4 years of experience in a marketing role.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms (specifically Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Create Suite (or other design programs).
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter.
If you are interested in applying please e-mail your cover letter and resume to and use "Social Media Marketing Director" as your subject line.
Director of Partnerships & Alliances
Position: The Director of Partnerships & Alliances is a pivotal position that will help Operation RSF develop and support its partnering gyms and coaches around the world. It requires a combination of tactical and strategic skills to develop a trusting advisor relationship with the partners and ambassadors associated with Operation RSF while also developing new methods for reaching out to potential future partnerships and ambassadors.
The Director of Partnerships & Alliances will develop strategies and short-term plans aligned with overall partnership goals and objectives. Applicants must be extremely results-driven, customer-focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at building internal relationships and external partnerships. The Director of Partnerships & Alliances will be responsible for leveraging strategic partnerships in the field and delivering training on the mission of Operation RSF, the science behind the impact of physical activity on mental health, and methods of developing outreach into local communities for partners.
- Create partner and alliance strategy, with the goal of developing lasting relationships.
- Track partnerships, engage with partnering and ambassador gyms/coaches quarterly and assist in maintaining and developing course content for the certified partner program.
- Assist in developing content for the monthly partnership newsletter.
- Develop new partnership relationships.
- Create outreach programs to find potential future partners and ambassadors.
- Assist in designing and distributing promotional items to partnering gyms and coaches.
- Assess partner's needs on an on-going basis, set goals to meet those needs, track progress and ensure the relationship remains mutually beneficial to both the partner and Operation RSF.
- Develop co-marketing opportunities with partners and work with Operation RSF's marketing department to plan and execute various co-marketing events, content, and seminars.
The Director of Partnerships & Alliances must be a motivated individual who has proven organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills in order to develop and maintain productive internal and partnership relationships. The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- At least 4 years of experience with strategy development, partnership management or business development.
- Experience in multiple social media platforms (specifically Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with MailChimp or a willingness to learn.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter.
- Have a background of physical fitness with coaching experience preferred.
If you are interested in applying please e-mail your cover letter and resume to and use "Director of Partnership & Alliance" as your subject line.
Grant Researcher and Writer
Position: The Grant Researcher and Writer is a pivotal role at Operation RSF that opens doors to conducting future research in support of the mission. The ideal candidate has a depth of experience in identifying sources for grants and writing successful grant applications. We're looking for highly organized, creative thinkings with a can-do attitude who believes in the mission of Operation RSF. Operation RSF values the ability to perform research on prospective funders, write grant applications that portray our mission in a highly impactful manner, and research new sources of funding.
- Develop, prepare and submit timely, well written, persuasive letters of inquiry and grant proposals to foundations, corporations and government funding sources to secure revenues to further Operation RSF's mission.
- Work with others internally as needed to develop and prepare proposals and reporting to ensure grant requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintain a grant proposal and reporting calendar to ensure deadlines are met and that an aggressive grant proposal submission program is maintained.
- Perform related administrative responsibilities as required.
- Act as liaison with program officers at foundations.
- 2-5 years experience in grant proposal writing and a proven track record in writing successful grant applications.
- Prior experience in developing and managing grants and reports submission schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and proven organizational skills.
- Solutions-oriented with a commitment to deliver excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to think creatively, creating opportunities for funding from non-traditional sources.
If you are interested in applying please e-mail your cover letter and resume to and use "Grant Researcher and Writer" as your subject line.